Position Title: Analyst / Associate - Biotech team
Location: Boston Office
Effective Date: Immediate
About the Opportunity
SV Health Investors’ Biotech team is looking for an ambitious and motivated Analyst / Associate with deep scientific experience and a strong entrepreneurial spirit to join the Biotech investment team in Boston. This role provides a unique opportunity to become part of a life sciences venture capital fund and has long-term potential for advancement within the Fund.
About SV Health Investors
SV Health Investors is a leading healthcare fund manager committed to investing in tomorrow’s breakthroughs. The SV family of funds invests across stages, geographic regions, and sectors, with expertise spanning biotechnology, dementia, healthcare growth, and healthcare technology. With approximately $2.4B in assets under management and a truly transatlantic presence with offices in Boston and London, SV has built an extensive network of talented investment professionals and experienced industry veterans. Since its founding in 1993, SV has invested in more than 200 companies with more than 90 of these having achieved successful acquisitions or IPOs. For more information please see www.svhealthinvestors.com.
The successful candidate will assist with the sourcing and evaluation of potential investment and company creation opportunities, the technical and commercial due diligence on investment targets, as well as deal execution and project management. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior investment team and support it on all aspects of both the investment process and portfolio management. They will also collaborate with SV scientific advisors and engage with the broader scientific community to provide valuable input to portfolio companies.
The successful candidate will be expected to be able to operate in an entrepreneurial environment and exhibit independence and leadership capabilities. The position requires strong communication skills and the successful candidate will frequently interact with our external stakeholders in the life sciences and venture capital industry, as well as the fund’s investors. The role reports to a Partner based in Boston and the position is be based in Boston. The role will require the candidate to spend time in the office (minimum of 2 days a week), and will require occasional travel.
Responsibilities: (to be adjusted for experience)
- Review and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Lead scientific and commercial due diligence in partnership with the Biotech investment team in both Boston and London as well as outside experts, including primary and secondary research.
- Prepare and maintain the internal investment documentation on potential investments and portfolio companies, including investment case presentations, financial analyses, and reporting.
- Be actively involved in company creation.
- Be actively involved in portfolio management.
- Establish and build relationships with key academics and executives, attend industry events.
- Create, update, and maintain proprietary firm databases.
- Keep the team current on major developments in the field, by gathering intelligence on industry pipelines, new research findings, new companies, and other relevant information.
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the team.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and qualifications
- One to two years of work experience in a relevant field
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D.) required with a strong mechanistic understanding of disease.
- Prior experience in drug discovery and development a strong plus.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills required. Prior experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development in life sciences a strong plus.
- Must be an entrepreneurial individual with the ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment. Must be able to pro-actively prioritize competing demands and deliver high-quality results.
- Exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills (including networking) required. Experience in written and oral communication to senior executive level audiences a plus.
- Must have strong integrity, judgement, work ethic, and be a team player.
Please submit your application (Cover Letter, CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SV Health Investors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Successful candidates must be able to work in the U.S. for other than practical training. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.