Position Title: Executive Assistant – Venture Capital/Growth Equity Firm
Location: Boston Office (w/hybrid WFH and in-office schedule – current expectations are 2 days/week in office)
Reports to: Partner
Effective Date: Immediate
About the Opportunity
Diversified healthcare venture capital/growth equity firm seeks a motivated and experienced EA as valued member of our team to support Boston-based Managing Partners/Partners and investment team members primarily on the Biotech team. In addition to core calendar, travel and meeting management, EA should be a motivated self-starter, able to identify our needs and work with teams across the firm to see responsibilities through to execution and implementation. EA will assist the team by anticipating needs, including executive administrative support, deal flow tracking, tracking deliverables and workflows, coordinating documents and information for meetings and following-up on next steps, as well as facilitating and coordinating communication. Ideal candidate will have experience within the healthcare/life sciences industries. The role will report to a Partner the EA supports.
About SV Health Investors
SV Health Investors is a leading healthcare fund manager committed to investing in tomorrow’s healthcare breakthroughs. The SV family of funds invests across stages, geographic regions, and sectors, with expertise spanning biotechnology, dementia, healthcare growth and healthcare technology. With approximately $2.4B in assets under management and a truly transatlantic presence with offices in Boston and London, SV has built an extensive network of talented investment professionals and experienced industry veterans. Since its founding in 1993, SV has invested in more than 200 companies with more than 90 of these having achieved successful acquisitions or IPOs. For more information please see www.svhealthinvestors.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Calendar Management
- Internal meeting set up (guest registration, room reservations, catering, etc.), including scheduling internal Executive Committee and firmwide Managing Partner and Partner calls.
- External meeting set-up (diligence calls, meetings with deal teams, Growth SAB meetings, etc.)
- Call set up (incl. conference call dial-in set up/coordinating with Managing Partners/Partners and other investment professionals)
- Extensive travel management (incl. coordination with out-sourced travel agent for flights, hotels, rental cars, car service)
- Monthly expense reporting (by 15th of month) via Concur (receipts online, from travel agent and hardcopies)
- Coding expenses towards respective different Boards
- Document Support
- Cloud storage management, scanning, filing, shredding
- Document signature execution, tracking and reporting (in coordination with Compliance)
- PowerPoint Deck editing; typing; printing
- Internal Team Meeting Pack support for chair occurrences
- Board correspondence
- Conference registrations & management
- Compliance and technology support
- Subscription support
- Special projects as assigned
- Deal Flow support – logging & tracking in CRM (DealCloud)
- Collaboration with broader Admin Team
- As requested, extended administrative support to Entrepreneurs in Residence, external Operating Partner and SAB board members (mainly meetings, calls, and aligning schedules with internal team)
- Establishing relationships with Admin Team for back up purposes and
- Assistance in general office administration with other Ops and Admin Team members
- Assistance with event planning and catering coordination
- Provide support for Main Phone Line
- Collaborate closely with Admin Team on a day-to-day basis
- Learn technology set up incl. Zoom, DealCloud & BOX
- Receive and field all generic inquiries respectively
- Support team projects, events, meetings as assigned
- For experienced candidates, involvement with investor communications, public relations, website updates and marketing communications
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 5-10 years administrative support and office experience, ideally within the VC/Private Equity/Investment Management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational skills with focus on attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize and work independently as well as collaborating with different teams
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact within all levels of our organization
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills incl. PowerPoint, Excel and Word essential
- CRM/database maintenance experience
Please submit your application (Cover Letter, CV) to email@example.com.
SV Health Investors, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. Successful candidates must be able to work in the U.S. for other than practical training. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.